The Research and Community Service Institute (Lembaga Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat/LP2M)of Universitas Negeri Malang is tasked with coordinating the implementation of research activities and community service. This is a joint institution between research institute and community service institution. LP2M has seven activity centers: (1) Center for Research and Community Service in Education (Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat Bidang Pendidikan/P3P) (2) Research and Community Service Center in Industrial Technology Science and Intellectual Property Rights (Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat Bidang Sains Teknologi Industri dan HaKI/PPSTI & HaKI) (3) Research and Community Service Center on Environment and Natural Disaster Management (Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian Bidang Lingkungan Hidup dan Manajemen Bencana Alam/P3LHMBA) (4) Community Research and Service Center on Gender and Population (Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat Bidang Jender dan Kependudukan/P3JK) (5) Center for Research and Community Service in Social Studies, Humanities, and Sports (Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat Bidang Sosial Humaniora dan Olah Raga/P2SHOK) (6) Research and Community Service Center in Economics and Entrepreneurship (Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat Bidang Ekonomi dan Kewirausahaan/P3EK) and (7) Center for Regional Resource Development and Students’ Community Service Program (Pusat Pengembangan Sumber Daya Wilayah dan Kuliah Kerja Nyata/P2SWKKN).
LP2M has carried out and reported thousands of research activities in various fields and services to the educational and non-educational society at both regional and national scopes. Those activities involved academic staffs, laboratory supporting staffs and other relevant technical staffs, as well as government officials and society. Results of the research activities are used for the development of science and for solving concrete problems in the society. Community service activities are focused on community members’ empowerment and improvement oftheir competence so that they become more productive and creative.
LP2M has established a wide network of partnership on regional, national and international scale. The parties that have already had formal partnership with LP2M include (1) Research and Development Agency of East Java Provincial Government, (2) Office of Cooperative and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises of East Java Provincial Government, (3) Regional Development Planning Agency of Nunukan Regency Government, (4) Batu City Government, (5) Community Empowerment Office of East Java Provincial Government, (6) Educational Office of East Java Provincial Government, and (7) Regional Development Planning Agency of Probolinggo Regency Government.
Landmark Achievements and Programs
- Mapping schools, mapping street
children, mapping potentials of regional industries, mapping and developing
investment models of natural resource, mapping and developing socio-economic
and cultural features, mapping potentials of local government apparatus, and
mapping remote sensing and geographic information systems.
- Curriculum research and development
- Research and development of life skills education
- Technology development and product diversification
- Model and prototype development
- Environmental quality test
- Research and development of environmental education
- Research and development of green schools
- Research and development of new materials
- Evaluation studies of educational project and programs
- Research and community service on gender
- Transformation of the STEM learning content through the preparation and implementation of Competence-based Curriculum (Kurikulum Berbasis Kompetensi/KBK), Contextual Teaching and Learning (CTL), Classroom Action Research(Penelitian Tindakan Kelas/PTK), media and various innovative learning approaches
- Training, mentoring, workshops, and expertise assistance to tutors of study group organizers and Community Learning Activity Center (PKBM) managers and learning citizens by transforming STEM content through the implementation of PKBM management and the application of andragogy learning methods and adult learning media.
- Training and workshop, special class technical assistance, internship programs, lecture, consulting service, capital stimulant, promotion and business access assistance through transformation of technological and scientific breakthroughs (using MacClelland AMT), management of micro business venture, training in marketing principles, short-term apprenticeship and working capital stimulants.
- Technical assistance in technological engineering, workshop and training, technical support and assistance, modeling and need-specific expert assistance.
- Workshop on writing scientific articles by educational research journals
Scientific and Informational Publications
Annual research report publication.
Annual bilingual research abstract compilation.
Educational research journal (issued twice yearly)
Social Study Journal (issued twice yearly)
Research Development Statistic Yearly Almanac
Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan, two editions published annually
Library containing educational and non-educational research reports.
Gender study library.
Journals featuring the work and researches by academic staff members and other experts.
Sentra HKI, a special unit dedicated to accommodate and disseminate scientific works by both students and academic staff members.
Address : Jalan Semarang 5 Malang 65145
Phone number : +62-341-580311
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://lp2m.um.ac.id